- Top Three Europa League Title Contenders
- Top 10 Football Big-money Moves Under The Age Of 23
- Rooney bags his 50th goal for England but what’s about Man United’s Rooney Problems
- The Most Controversial Goals in Football History (VIDEO)
- Transfer Deadline Round-up: Man Utd sign Martial, Draxler off to Wolfsburg and many more!
- Premier league clubs in 2013/2014 season earned £3.26 billion!
- Walcott signs new deal, what’s next for Arsenal?
- How Will Man Utd line up next season with Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin & Darmian
- Cristiano Ronaldo: A Winner in Life
- Top 5 Most Supported Football Teams in Europe: Borussia Dortmund first, Barcelona second
Barcelona sign Robin van Persie !?
- Updated: 31/01/2012
Barcelona have splash record transfer fee of £83 million and completed the signing of Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie.
After weeks of speculation, the world and European champions held off a late bid from affluent Premier League side Manchester City, thought to be in the region of £95 million.
Barca boss Pep Guardiola has said he is delighted with his new signing and revealed that Robin Van Persie could make the starting XI for Saturday’s crucial clash with Real Sociedad.
Guardiola told Sky Sports: “When you see potential in a player you have to act fast and this is a star who has an eye for goal, can pass with either foot and is comfortable in many positions.
“People say it is a lot of money, but you cannot put a price on quality and our new signing has the potential to be one of the greatest.”
He added: ” Robin Van Persie is in great condition and could be ready straight away to play against Sociedad.”
- Man City 6 – 1 Newcastle Utd: Five Star Sergio Mauls Magpies
- Full Match: Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Marseille – Ligue 1
- Full Match: AC Milan vs SSC Napoli – Serie A
- Full Match: Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid – La Liga
- Paris Saint Germain 2-1 Marseille Highlights: Record-breaking Ibrahimovic Seals Classique Win
- Lazio 2-0 Frosinone Highlights – Serie A