- Cristiano Ronaldo honored ‘300’ shirt by Real Madrid
- Pele: I would pick Messi over Ronaldo, he’s the best player in the world
- Costa, Hazard, Kane and Sanchez favorite to win PFA player of the year
- UEFA considers All Star Game in which Messi and Ronaldo could play together
- Wow! Marseille fans produce an incredible pre match choreography vs PSG (Video)
- Jose Mourinho insists he is still the ‘Special One’
- Champions League Quarter-finals Draw Round-up (Video)
- Parma FC declared bankrupt!
- Deco: Messi is pure talent, Ronaldo works hard, but Ronaldinho is better than both
- Football Manager 2015: Top 5 Cheap Wonderkids
Brazil vs South Korea Preview Olympics
- Updated: 07/08/2012
Old Trafford — Manchester
Olympic games London 2012 match: South Korea – Brazil Live stream,Preview
Referee: P. Kralovec
In the second semi-final meeting at the Olympic football tournament games strength will weigh two selections that have not yet felt the bitterness of defeat, the first favorite Brazil and South Korea which is always unpleasant.
Otherwise, the Brazilians in the quarterfinals with a lot of trouble celebrated 3-2 against Honduras, while South Korea after the penalty manage to eliminate the host, the Great Britain.
South Korea preview
As for the regular part of that match,the game was extremely hard and disciplined, but representatives of Asia,still managed to take the led in the 30 minute, but their joy lasted only seven minutes because from penalty Ramsey equals the score to 1-1.
After that the game, even more got closed and there wasnt too much risk, so after 90 minutes of play,the game gone in overtime, where also there were not some serious chances on either side so that the winner had to be decide on a penalties shootout,where South Korea in the end was more accurate and progress to the semifinal match with Brazil.
South Korea probable lineup : Beom-Young Lee – Jae-Suk Oh, Seok-Ho Hwang, Young-Gwon Kim, Suk-Young Yoon – Ja-Cheol Koo, Jung-Woo Park, Sung-Yong Ki – Tae-Hee Nam, Dong-Won Ji – Chu-Young Park
As for the Brazilians, they came to this tournament with only one goal, and that is to incorporate in their collection only gold medal which they lack, and this is the one from the Olympic Games.
And how serious they approached to this the task, is best illustrated by the fact that for nearly a year this same team is playing in friendly matches in the senior competition.
So far they look good, because they are the only selection which have celebrated in all the four played matches , even scored 12 goals, which means an average of three per game.
Now in semi-final match they will have much heavier and more serious opponent, and so therefore is to be expected that the coach Menezes primarily much better psychologically prepares his team.
Otherwise, in this selection definitely there is no lack of quality considering that there are some world known players, like Neymar, Hulk, Thiago Silva and Marcelo, while in the attack is Leandro Damião who fully succeeded from the first team to remove a large AC Milan star, Pato.
Brazil probable lineup : Gabriel – Rafael, Thiago Silva, Juan, Marcelo – Romulo, Sandro – Hulk, Oscar, Neymar – Leandro Damiao
Prediction: Of course the Brazilians are the absolute favorites here, not only for the passage to the finals, but also to win the gold medal, but we must emphasize that the footballers of South Korea footballers until now have showed that they dont plan to give up so eaisly, so perhaps this Tuesday evening they will adjust the game to the Brazilians, which means that we should watch another game with a lot of goals.Brazil to win,Over 2,5 goals
- PSV crowned Dutch champions 2015 (Video)
- Dortmund announce Thomas Tuchel to be Jurgen Klopp’s successor
- Full Match: Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur – EPL
- Newcastle United 1-3 Tottenham Highlights: Eriksen & Kane seal crucial win
- Full Match: Aston Villa v Liverpool – FA Cup
- Palermo 2-1 Genoa Highlights – Serie A