- Jose Mourinho insists he is still the ‘Special One’
- Champions League Quarter-finals Draw Round-up (Video)
- Parma FC declared bankrupt!
- Deco: Messi is pure talent, Ronaldo works hard, but Ronaldinho is better than both
- Football Manager 2015: Top 5 Cheap Wonderkids
- Brilliant Idea! Sport Club do Recife hire Moms as security guards
- Premier League Top Transfers – Analyzing
- Ronaldo : I want to be the best in history & to catch up Messi
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins Ballon d’Or 2014, Rodriguez picks FIFA Puskas Award
- Top 10 Premier league Players for season 2014/15
Video : Unhappy Cristiano Ronaldo soon to leave Real Madrid ?
- Updated: 04/09/2012
Cristiano Ronaldo did not celebrate scoring because he is “upset” and that the people at the club know why”.
Ronaldo said he was upset with “people in the club” after scoring two goals to lead Madrid to a 3-0 win over Granada on Sunday.
The Portugal forward oddly chose not to celebrate his goals, remaining glum as his teammates and fans at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium erupted around him.
When asked why after the match, Ronaldo said: “I am sad and the club knows it, that’s why I didn’t celebrate the goals. The people in the club know why.”
Ronaldo’s comments have sparked rumors in the Spanish press that he is looking to leave Madrid.
The 27-year-old Ronaldo refused to elaborate on the reasons for his displeasure with the club that spent a record 80 million pounds to secure him from Manchester United in 2009.
“I’m not going to say anything else, people know why,” he said.
Ronaldo’s outburst compounds the ongoing saga of what to do with club president Florentino Perez’s other star signing, Brazil midfielder Kaka, who sought a transfer this offseason after being reduced to a bench player at best.
Yet while Kaka has been practically forgotten by Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, Ronaldo is the key player for the Spanish champions who have set winning the Champions League as their goal for this season.
Ronaldo’s double on Sunday took his tally with Madrid to 150 goals in just over three seasons. He set a club record of 46 Spanish league goals last season, second only to Barcelona forward Lionel Messi’s league record of 50.
Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain said that he didn’t know Ronaldo was unhappy.
“I see him as being fine. He scored two goals so I believe that he is happy,” said Higuain. “My teammates and I all see him well.”
Ronaldo, a former Ballon D’or, denied he was angry Barcelona’s Andres Iniesta beat him for this year’s players’ award on Friday.
“It has nothing to do with it,” he said. “Iniesta deserved it.”
- Bulgaria vs Italy Preview, Live Streams, Lineups – Euro 2016 Qualif.
- Full Match: England vs Lithuania Euro 2016 Qualification
- Full Match: Spain vs Ukraine Euro 2016 Qualification
- Liechtenstein 0-5 Austria Highlights – Euro 2016 Qualification
- FYR Macedonia 1-2 Belarus Highlights – Euro 2016 Qualification
- Spain 1-0 Ukraine Highlights – Euro 2016 Qualification