After the debacle in Germany against Bayern Munich in the Champions League, Arsenal once again turning to Premier league, hoping to bounce back with a win and to enter six straight EPL consecutive win, in their neighbourhood derby vs Tottenham.
While Arsenal’s growing injury list is one thing which could damage Gunners title hope, the good thing is that at the Emirates, Wenger’s men have lost just two of their last 15 games, winning 13 of them. Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates from the last 22 games, have tasted just once a win, losing 13 of them and taking a point eight times. The good news however for Mauricio Pochettino ahead of this derby game is that his side is coming in with boosted morale following late Europa league win vs Anderlecht and with solid Premier league run of 10 unbeaten games.
November 8, 2015 • 16:00 • Emirates Stadium, London
Referee: M. Atkinson
Arsenal v Tottenham Live Streams
Match Highlights & Full Match Replay – after the game
It obvious that Arsenal threw all the cards to win the Premiership title because after early League Cup exit on Wednesday Bayern Munich smashed 5 to Arsenal leaving Gunners chance of reaching the next stage, thin.
– Of course we’re disappointed with the result against Bayern, but I keep saying that the Premier League is completely different competition and we are in great shape in it, we will try to continue our good run and against Tottenham.
In the league, Arsenal definitely feels the best, it’s the biggest motive and a great North London derby against Tottenham awaits with a series of five victories in which Gunners have scored 16 and conceded only three goals.
As Tottenham in the last 25 matches at the Emirates won only once (2010), and lost as much as 15 times, the home fans have been optimistic and hope to triumph against the most hated rivals, again, as earlier this season in the League Cup, Arsenal eliminated Tottenham.
With a win this Saturday, Arsenal would make a gap of eight points over the Spurs, and if Manchester City doesn’t beat Aston Villa, Arsenal would take the league first place.
Coach Wenger is once again faced with a number of absences due to injuries, so for the city derby with Spurs goalkeeper Ospina, sideback Bellerin, midfielders Ramsey, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky and Arteta and forwards Welbeck and Walcott are out.
– We have too many players out of action and I’m really worried. It’s only a November and we know what’s coming at Christmas time.
– I enjoy special emotions that brings the game vs Tottenham, in game-preparation, things on the field and the stands.
– Tottenham for years has been a good team, and this season they are younger, working hard on the pitch for 90 minutes and we will be a very difficult opponent. However, win is what we want, concluded Wenger.
As for Tottenham, Pochettino’s men certainly await this game in a much better mood than Gunners, considering a series of three consecutive victories, including two in the Premier league against Bournemouth and Aston Villa, and three days ago in the Uefa Europa league, thanks to Dembele’s Golazo Spurs have snatched a late 2:1 win over Anderlecht. An important win with which Pochettino’s men probably made a key step toward placing to the knockout stage of the competition, while at the same time got a revenge over the Belgians side for the only defeat which Spurs suffered in the last eight games played.
Otherwise, before that it was Arsenal in the League Cup who inflicted Spurs last defeat, while in the opening Premier league round, it was Manchester United. With current series of five wins and five draws Tottenham already sit on the fifth place.
Of course all these will only raise the confidence before Sunday clash at the Emirates, as well as the return of Rose to the team, while opposed to it, injured midfielders Bentaleb – Pritchard and winger Chadli are out.
– Derby is always different match and it must be played with the heart and passion because we know what it means to the fans.
– We had two very tough matches on Monday and Thursday, in which we have shown a strong desire to win and we succeeded.
– It is not easy to regenerate so quickly, but we are a young team with strong midfield and I think we will succeed.
– Against Arsenal we will arrive in good shape and we have to be brave in our heads and think that we can win, said Tottenham Hotspur boss Mauricio Pochettino.
Team Probable lineups
Arsenal: Čech – Debuchy, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal – Coquelin, Cazorla – Campbell, Özil, Sanchez – Giroud
Out: Welbeck, Wilshere, Rosicky, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Bellerin
Tottenham: Lloris – Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose – Dier, Alli – Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen – Kane
Out: Pritchard, Fazio, Chadli, Bentaleb