Defeat by West Ham and elimination by Stoke City from Capital One Cup has put even more pressure on Chelsea and Jose Mourinho who are struggling to find a good form this season, while the new Liverpool manager Klopp only on his fourth attempt has managed to taste a win.
October 31, 2015 • 12:45 • Stamford Bridge, London
Chelsea – Liverpool Live Streams
The Blues currently sit on the 15th place, alarm is raised at Chelsea after latest defeats, still Mourinho insists that his player still support him 100%. It might be so, but Blues defence before all is not on the top level. The fact that Chelsea already now has more defeats than in the last whole season, is something which worries the Chelsea Fans, and the same is the key reason for Chelsea bad results this season.
This Saturday at Stamford Bridge arrives Liverpool against who the Blues have recent good memories. In the last six mutal games, Chelsea celebrated four times, and drew twice. The last game between these two sides ended with a draw in London, while a game before at Anfield, Chelsea won with 2-1.
We have already said that the current English champions are now just three points above the relegation zone, with the fact that in the 10 rounds of the Premier League the Blues have suffered five defeats. And the last of them was last weekend away to West Ham, but it must be said that Mourinho’s side for nearly 60 minutes played without sent-off midfielder Matic.
Before that, Chelsea at home celebrated vs Aston Villa while in Ukraine against Dynamo Kyiv, Blues snatched a point (0-0) thus remaining still in play for the Champions league knockout stage.
On the other hand, last Tuesday in the League Cup on penalties Chelsea was knocked by Stoke, with the fact that the first striker Diego Costa has picked up an injury and he with the keeper Courtois, defender Ivanovic and striker Pedro most likely will miss Saturday’s clash with Liverpool.
– I can not promise that we will finish in the top four clubs this season, although in my career I have to win every game. And I can’t always do it.
– I do not think that something significant has changed in Liverpool with the arrival of Jurgen Klopp on the bench, with whom I have a good relationship.
– Maybe some tactical details, but the Reds were a good team with good players and before Klopp.
– Last season against Liverpool we played very well in Premier league and League Cup and I hope that we can repeat this performance in search of three points this Saturday.
A very defensive Jose Mourinho on the English Premier League visit of Liverpool, as they face a Chelsea outfit still struggling to hit the highs of last season when won the EPL title.
Unlike Chelsea, Liverpool secured a place in the quarter-finals of the League Cup, with a minimum 1:0 win at Anfield vs Bournemouth. That was also and Klopp’s first win since taking over Reds bench. Before that, Liverpool played against Tottenham and Southampton in Premier league ending both games with a draw, while in Europa league at home vs Rubin Kazan the same happen. Liverpool has taken a lead, but the Reds failed to keep it until the end. Still, Klopp’s men remain second in group and still have a chance of reaching the next stage of this competition.
Goal scoring is the biggest problem of Liverpool, and this was evident in the last round against Southampton when only Benteke with a brilliant header has managed to put one ball in the net, still once again it was not enough for a win as the Saints in the 86th minute have scored for the final 1-1.
But what is particularly interesting before visit to Stamford Bridge is the fact that in the 10 games played in a row Liverpool did not lose any, but also in this period Reds have entered only three times, of which two in the English cups.
Of course this is really the best indicator that Klopp after his arrival on the bench Reds tactically has not hanged anything in comparison to his predecessor Rodgers. German coach therefore calls for patience until he implement his plans and above all accelerates the Reds game forward, which should then make more goal opportunities.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp talks to the media on Friday on the eve of the upcoming English Premier League away fixture against struggling Chelsea – as the ‘normal’ one (Klopp) faces the ‘special’ one (Jose Mourinho).
Stamford Bridge will be a serious test for the visitors as Chelsea frantically needs to win and will surely take over a lot of risk, but thus opening some free space at back, which Reds could use.
– Did Chelsea players forgot to play football? Of course not, so for us, this game will be no easier than those from last season when Chelsea was champion.
– This is a great game, despite the fact that this would be a match between the currently ninth and fifteenth club in league. However, a major motive for both sides is to improve the situation and that’s why we do not think too much about the opponent. In this job I’am for 15 years and I have participated in many big and important match like this. With the right game we can win and that’s what I think
Probable team lineups
Chelsea: Begović – Zouma, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta – Fabregas, Ramires – Willian, Oscar, Hazard – Costa
Out: Courtois, Ivanović, Costa (?), Pedro (?)
Liverpool: Mignolet – Clyne, Škrtel, Sakho, Moreno – Can, Lucas Leiva – Milner, Coutinho, Lallana – Benteke
Out: Flanagan, Ings, Gomez, Toure, Henderson, Sturridge