One of the most anticipated matches in world is finally here, as this Saturday at Santiago Bernabeu in popular EL Clasico, Real Madrid welcome the Catalans giant, Barcelona FC.
Preview: Barca sit on the first having three points more than the second placed Real Madrid which sets up perfectly a game which will be watched by millions worldwide. Having three points less, puts the Los Blancos in somewhat tougher position, considering if Cristiano Ronaldo and company lose this one, Barca will make a six-point gap. Overall this season, Real Madrid showed more than Barcelona, who had some problems on away games, but Barca was without their first star Leo Messi. Still, it was Benitez’s side who lost the last away game (at Sevilla 3-2) after having a 1-0 lead thanks to a brilliant goal of Ramos, and this was the result which put Barca on top. Last season Real celebrated with 3: 1 against Barcelona at the Santiago Bernabeu.
November 21, 2015 • 17:15 • Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
Referee: David Fernandez Borbalan
Real Madrid v Barcelona Live Streams
Real Madrid awaits the “El Clasico” clash from the second place and it could be a psychological barrier, but it seems that a major problem of this team is a conflict between the first coach Benitez and the best player Ronaldo, who last two games played quite poorly. In Champions league two games with the Ligue 1 champion, PSG, the Los Blancos played away 0-0 and at home thanks to a lucky winner have snatched three points. Ronaldo as we mentioned before, was practically not seen on the pitch.
It’s clear that his form is not on the top level at the moment, but the El Clasico was always more than a game, and the one in which Ronaldo often is on the top level. Maybe it’s this match what Ronaldo needs to find again his fine form. In La Liga last match, Real Madrid dropped three points at Sevilla despite having a 1-0 lead. Until then the Los Blancos were on an unbeaten run, and the El Clasico match could be a way to bounce back to winning ways.
So far this season Benitez’s men have conceded only one goal at home, while they failed to beat Malaga, in a goalless draw. The international break looks to come on the best time for Benitez who couldn’t count on some important first players due to injury, but now according to the last reports all are ready. This includes, Navas, Marcelona, Isco, Benzema, J.Rodriguez and Bale, while only Ramos remains a doubt. Danilo and Dani Carvajal who were not available for the last game vs Sevilla, are returning as well.
Real Madrid get ready for the first instalment of ‘el Clasico’ this season at the Bernabeu on Saturday (21st November).
Ahead of El Clasico, Media keen to Real Madrid were reporting that if Real Madrid lose this game, Benitez could be sacked and Zidane should be the one to take his place. Situation, which certainly is not good for Benitez but on his press conference he was focused only on the match.
– This is my first derby and the team is going into it in great shape with a great desire and is convinced of a win.
– We recognize the importance of meeting with Barcelona and not to run away from the fact that we have to get three points.
– I will repeat what every Madridista know, three points are essential in order to keep the connection with Barca and others in the fight for the title.
– Against Sevilla we had some personal problems which was felt in the result, but the situation is now much better.
Barcelona is not at their best, but Enrique’s men are winning points and that the most important thing. First place with three points more than Real Madrid, removes some extra pressure from Barca before the El Clasico game. Of course, Barca wants to win this one, but a draw wouldn’t be a bad thing as well. The biggest problem this season of Barcelona this season with Leo Messi’s injury was a defense. On an average Barca was conceding more than one goal per game, but Enrique improved this a little, and in the last four matches in all competitions Barca have preserved a clean sheet.
Third problem of Barca is their poor away game, which definitely does not encourage fans ahead of El Clasico. A return of Leo Messi and Ivan Rakitic could help in this matter, but in Messi’s absense the goal machine duo Suarez – Neymar have carried Barca trough this time.
– Leo and Ivan are ready to perform, but none of them will be on one hundred percent of their opportunities.
– We’re only in the twelfth round, and no matter how big the gap will be after El Clasico, it won’t be crucial.
– Of course, round in which you win, and your rivals don’t win points, it’s always a good one.
– But before all, I’m a coach and I watch the big picture. We go to Madrid in an excellent mood, some important players have returned and we do not even think about last year’s defeat at the Santiago Bernabeu.
– It’s in the past, and this is a new game.
Barcelona manager Luis Enrique talks about the fitness of Lionel Messi ahead of his side’s match against Real Madrid.
Team Probable lineups
Real Madrid: Navas, Danilo, Varane, S. Ramos, Marcelo, Modrić, Casemiro, Kroos, Ja. Rodriguez, Ronaldo, Bale
Barcelona: Bravo, Alba, Mascherano, Pique, D. Alves, Iniesta, Busquets, Roberto (Rakitić), Neymar, L. Suarez, Messi?
Out: Douglas, Rafinha