In 11th round of the Italian Serie A, the fourth placed Inter welcome the first placed team, AS Roma looking to cut the gap or to even take the league top.
Garcia’s men go into this match with a boost of confidence after connecting five wins in a row, while Mancini’s men after three draws and one defeat finally in the last round manage to snatch all three points, thanks to Icardi who lifted 10-man Nerazzurri past Bologna. On the other side, Roma after beating Fiorentina away in last round celebrated at home vs Udinese 3-1.
October 31, 2015 • 19:45 • Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milano
Inter vs AS Roma Preview, Lineups, Live Streams
In last round against Bologna, Inter finally tasted a win, and kept the connection with the top placed teams in Serie A. However, it’s clear that Mancini’s men are struggling in Attack, while their defence except a match with Fiorentina is on top level. A lack of good chances in attack is most likely related to departure of Mateo Kovacic to Inter. Only 10 goals in first 10 goals, suggest that Inter will have to do much better if Nerazzurri mean to lift the league title this season.
A better impression during the last round match left Bologna, but Inter scored the only goal of the meeting and that was with a man down since the nervous Felipe Melo was sent off after an hour of play. Shortly after the same, Inter took the lead and kept it until the end, thanks to Handanovic brilliant save of Destro’s shot.
Inter Boss Mancini against Bologna was sent-off but still against Roma he will lead his team from the bench, and speaking about the upcoming clash with the league toppers, Mancini said:
– Roma and Napoli are favorites to win Serie A title this season as they play together (players) for years. But we are Inter and we can tell something as well.
– It can be said that Roma has the advantage since the Romans are first on the table, but we’re a great team.
– We have to mark Dzeko really good. He currently does not score a lot like Icardi, but he is one of the most powerful center forward in world.
– We must not allow them any space because they are dangerous on the counterattack with Gervinho, Salah, Iago Falque and Iturbe.
Considering the best attack in league is coming this Saturday to Giuseppe Meazza, Mancini could be a little relaxed considering that he’s team has the best defence in league. From before Dodo and Vidic are out, and this clash will miss and suspended Melo.
Inter probable lineup: Handanović, Juan Jesus, Murillo, Miranda, Santon, Kondogbia, Medel, Brozović, Perišić, Icardi, Jovetić
Unlike Inter, guests from Rome this Serie A derby welcome in the best possible mood, and after five straight wins Roma took the leading position, while in the third round of the Champions League in difficult away game against Leverkusen, Garcia’s men have snatched an important draw (4:4), because with that result the Giallorossi remained in the game for a place in the knockout phase.
In addition, Garcia’s men currently are playing the most attractive football in Italy, and in Europe, given that on average they score at least three goals per game. On the other side, due to attacking game, Roma concede a lot, so it will be interesting to see the best attack vs best league defence on the same pitch this Saturday.
Garcia at the San Siro wants to continue a good result-series of Roma:
– We will not change our approach, we always play to win.
– It will be an exciting game, we train every day to play games like this.
– They are a well organized team that does not concede a lot of goals because they are incredibly physically strong, and that is often enough for the victory. Mancini?
– A great coach who has proven victories in England. Are they favorites for the title? I’m not good at predicting the game, ask me at the end of the season.
Capradossi, Strootman, Keita and Totti are out, but the good news for Garcia is a return of De Rossi and Salah.
Roma probable lineup: Szczesny, Digne, Rudiger, Manolas, Maicon, Nainggolan, Pjanić, Florenzi, Gervinho, Džeko, Salah
Roma in recent years dominated in the mutual clashes with Inter, but in the last derby played at the San Siro in late April, Inter have won all three points.