Although the season started in Chelsea jersey , the 20 -year-old great Belgian footballer Romelu Lukaku again left Stamford Bridge and went to a new loan …
This time he ended in Everton where he quickly become praised by the local fans. In five games he scored four goals and added a one assist. With his goals Everton hit the top part of the Premier league table.
Otherwise , the last few days Juventus turned attention to Lukaku but the Belgian national team player said that he doesn’t want to go in that direction.
– It’s always nice to know that the best European clubs are interested in you, but I have no plans to go to Juventus . Or anywhere else, said Lukaku and added :
– I’m at Everton now and I am focused to that club . And , my main desire is actually to earn the trust of Jose Mourinho . I want to go back to Chelsea.
– I will prove to Jose Mourinho that he was wrong when he sent me out on loan to Everton . I want to score more than any attacker from Chelsea this season. That’s my goal and motivation – said Lukaku for Nieuwsblad .
– The coach has made a decision and I respect it. I could not impact on that decision, so my target it to prove that he was wrong. This is my second straight season on loan (last season West Bromwich) and because of it , a lot of questions and doubts ar in my head. But now it only remains to score a lot of goals, and maybe then people would realize what kind of striker I am – said the 20-year-old wunderkind, and concluded:
– I hope that my goals for Everton help us to be better ranked at the end of the season than Chelsea. Also I hope to stay for a long time at Chelsea with Mourinho, who is truly a great coach!
It should be noted that none of the Chelsea striker have scored any this season in the Premier League, while Lukaku, who last season has scored 17 for West Brom, scored already four goals for Everton