Real Madrid and PSG players ended the first game in Paris without any goals, and according to the statements coming from both teams today we can expect much more excitement. Both teams currently have 7 points and they sit on the top two places of Group A, most likely both have secured the next Champions league stage but a win today for any team, would definitely secured the same.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
November 3, 2015 • 19:45 • Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
Referee: M. Clattenburg
Real Madrid vs Paris Saint-Germain
Real Madrid still haven’t lost any game this season, and that shows enough the Los Blancos strength. In Champions league Real Madrid are undefeated for 17 games at home, and with a win can surpass Barcelona on this stat. After the draw in Paris, Real Madrid celebrated 3-1 against Celta away which until then was the only remaining La Liga undefeated team with Real Madrid, and then on Saturday at Santiago Bernabeu Benitez men have knocked Las Palmas with the same 3:1.
Benitez has lot of problems with injuries and only Ronaldo and Marcelo this season have played all the matches. Bale and Benzema remain out, defending duo Ramos-Pepe is struggling and they haven’t play on Saturday, as the Goalkeeper Navas, while Luka Modric has left the game early due to easy injury, but he will play. Mateo Kovacic is out as well, while Casemiro could be in. After two months of absence, James Rodriguez returns, but it’s unlikely to expect him in the first lineup.
Benitez on PSG
– The team plays exactly the way I want it, although there is always room for improvement. I think that we in Paris, played very well against a top European team.
– Our goal now is once again to play a good match, but also to take all three points.
– Today in Madrid we will see PSG at the highest possible level that will ask us become better and to show the whole of Europe for what we’re capable of.
Laurent Blanc’s squad holds the Ligue 1 top, and already know it could be said that PSG will win another domestic title. As Real Madrid, PSG remain unbeaten, but this Tuesday this unbeaten run will be on a tough test. After the first game with Real Madrid, PSG in Ligue 1 smashed four goals to St.Etienne at home while away with somewhat mixed team, the reigning Champions celebrated at Rennes 1-0. Blanc as Benites is having some problems making the first lineup due to injuries. Marquinhos and Pastore will not play, but David Luiz finally has recovered and he could start from the first minute. Ibrahimovic and Cavani rested on Saturday and the match against Rennes they watched from the bench, while Verratti and T.Motta entered the game in the second half, but now all of them will probably start the match.
Coach Laurent Blanc announced that today he’s team won’t for a draw:
– A draw like 0-0 would not satisfy us. We respect Real, but we are an ambitious team that comes to in Madrid to play and to take all three points.
– We possess enough technical and physical qualities in order to win the game. I can not say that we were bad in the first meeting, I was especially pleased with the defense, but it just was not it.
– Today you can expect a much better PSG, which will be more ambitious and will take more risks in the game forward.
Regarding Di Maria’s return to Santiago Bernabeu, Blanc said:
– For Di Maria this will be a special meeting. He spent a lot of time in Madrid and I know that he loves Real, and I just hope that he will not some big pressure.
Team Probable lineups
Real Madrid: Navas, Danilo, Varane, S. Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Casemiro, Modrić, Isco, Je. Rodriguez, Ronaldo
Out: Bale, Carvajal, Benzema, Arbeloa
PSG: Trapp, Aurier, David Luiz, T. Silva, Maxwell, Motta, Matuidi, Verratti, Di Maria, Ibrahimović, Cavani
Out: Marquinhos, Pastore