- Top 5 Possible Destinations for Jurgen Klopp
- LA LIGA suspended: A Strange Case Of TV Rights
- Is La Liga over? Spanish FA to suspend ALL football over TV rights
- VIDEO Scandal in Turin! Carlos Tevez called Allegri ‘a coward’ and a ‘son of a bit**’
- Fortuna Düsseldorf fans fired up 120 flares to mark 120-year anniversary
- Top 8 important moments which made Chelsea clinch Premier league 2015 title
- Video: Yuvi Pallares goes “All IN” during a news report on Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions league draw: Bayern München v FC Barcelona, Juventus v Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo honored ‘300’ shirt by Real Madrid
- Pele: I would pick Messi over Ronaldo, he’s the best player in the world
Preview:Manchester City vs Real Madrid,Mourinho returns to England
- Updated: 21/11/2012
Champions league match Manchester City vs Real Madrid Preview,Live stream-watch online,Prediction,and Lineups
Etihad Stadium — Manchester
Referee: G. Rocchi
November 21, 2012 2:45 PM EST
This Wednesday the Champions league continues,and we have a big match in the group D,where the English champion Man City for the first time in history will host the Spanish giant,Real Madrid.
Jose Mourinho´s team is holding the second place in the group while the Citizens are currently the last placed team and they are practically already knocked out from the possible next stage of this competition.
So far,there have been a lot of surprising results in this group, so that the leading position currently holds Borussia Dortmund with eight points while the Dutch Ajax in duels with Man City has enrolled the home victory and a draw in Manchester.
Anyway, for this introduction, we should point out that in the first game between Real Madrid and City we have watched a fantastic football, in which the hosts after going behind twice,have managed to win the match 3-2.
That is why many now are expecting another goals galore match, which is not that unrealistic considering that both teams this season so far are scoring an average of two goals per match, while their defense at the same time is not so good.
Manchester City Preview
However, the Citizens have slightly improved this segment in the last four rounds of Premier league, in which they conceded only one goal.Their attack is their better side of team,and the proof we can see in their last match at the Etihad Stadium when they sunk Aston Villa with high 5-0.
After this victory,Roberto Mancini´s team has sat on the top of Premier league table,but they were greatly helped by defeats of Chelsea and Manchester United.
In fact, in relation to city rivals they have a point of advantage, while the “Blues” are behind four points. We should mention that the Citizens are the only undefeated team in the league.
On the other hand, and this season their results in the Champions League are modest,because in four rounds, they have won only two points,and their chances to go in the next round of this competition,are only a theoretical.
For this match does not compete injured two defenders Richards, Clichy, Lescott and midfielders Milner and Rodwell.
Real Madrid Preview
As opposed to Man City, players from Madrid despite the winning only a one point in two duels with Borussia, still have a very good chance to qualify for the knockout phase of the Champions League, especially because in the last round at home they are welcoming the Dutch team,Ajax.Still this doesnt mean that Mourinho´s boys will take this match lightly.
In the last eight matches in Spanish La liga,Real Madrid has enrolled seven victories and one draw (against Barcelona 2-2),which only show us they finally found a good form in domestic league after some poor start.
Currently they are the third placed team,and they are lagging five points behind their city rivals Atletico Madrid, and eight points behind the leaders Barcelona.
Now, all their thoughts are focused on the Champions League, where they a difficult match against Manchester City expects them. If they bring their good form from La liga to Manchester,certainly they can achieve a good result,and even a draw they would be satisfied.
Otherwise, Mourinho for this match can not count on injured striker Higuain and defender Marcelo.
Match Prediction : Considering Man City games at home,where they are playing really impressive,and instead of defeat in the League Cup from Aston Villa which they played with a mixed team,a normal thing here would be Man City to win,because even theoretical they have still chance to reach the next stage.
Both teams recently are extremely offensive and efficiently, so in their second encounter we should a lot of attractive actions,and goals.Both team to score or over 2,5 goals.
Watch Man City vs Real Madrid from our live streams section
- Dnipro 1-0 Napoli Highlights (agg 2-1): Seleznyov sends Dnipro to EL final
- Fiorentina 0-2 Sevilla Highlights (agg 0-5): Bacca and Carrico confirm Europa league Final place
- Full Match: Real Madrid vs Juventus – Champions league
- Real Madrid 1-1 Juventus Highlights Agg. 2-3 : Morata sends Bianconeri to UCL Final
- Top 5 Possible Destinations for Jurgen Klopp
- Real Madrid vs Juventus Live Streams, Preview, Lineups