Pep Guardiola’s men await Champions league second clash with the English side, but in a much different situation than in the first game which could go any way, but Wenger’s men at the end celebrated with 2-0. The Group situation changed. Bayern Still hold the first place but having six points like the second placed team, Olympiacos F.C., while Arsenal revived their Champions league knockout stage hopes with a win over the German side, and now with a win on Allianz-Arena, Gunners could have the same six points, while in other group match, the Greek side with a home win over Dinamo Zagreb could sit on the top with 9 points. How much this game will be interesting, suggests the fact that Gunners on their last two trips to Munich have snatched three points and a draw.
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
November 4, 2015 • 19:45 • Allianz-Arena, München
Referee: G. Rocchi
Bayern Munich – Arsenal Live Streams
According to the law of large numbers Bayern once had to drop a few points in the Bundesliga, but maybe just a few expected that this would happen away against somewhat inconclusive Eintracht Frankfurt. Bayern stopped a big run of wins, and failed to break a record of the most opening wins in a season. Bavarians series so hit the stop on 10 straight wins.
Pep’s men dominated and created a lot of opportunities, has a much bigger ball possession but all Bavarians chances stopped the hero of the match, the keeper. Coach Guardiola surprised a little with the first lineup, leaving Alaba, Muller and Alcantara on the bench, Rafinha was on the left sideback and Vidal-Coman in midfield. Watching how his team is struggling to sent one into the net, Guardiola introduced in second half the trio, but it was to late. Bayern had some chances, but the game ended 0-0.
Given that situation in Champions league group following defeat in London has changed, there is no room in Bayern for any relaxations any more and Guardiola will start with the most strongest (available) lineup. This means, Alaba, Muller and Alcantara from the first minute, Robben and Douglas Costa on wings, Alonso – Vidal in midfield. The good news for Guardiola is that Ribery has recovered from the injury, but it’s unlikely that he will get some playing minutes following a lack of fitness.
Ahead of re-match with Arsenal, after which, in some combinations Bayern could even secure the second round of the Champions League, Guardiola has expressed the wish to see the Gunners tactic more open:
– I hope that we have learned the lessons from the defeat in London, and that Arsenal will tonight play more offensive than in London, their philosophy of football is also based on possession of the ball.
– We will try to impose a high press to them, and it that situations i expect from them to respond with long balls to Giroud, who knows how to hold off a ball and there will have to be careful.
Robert Lewandowski on Arsenal
– With six points we are still in a good position, but this can change very quickly and that is why today we have to win. It is important that this time we score first, then surely everything will be easier.
Arsenalis doing very well in the English Premier league, sharing the first place with Man City, while following their Champions League win at home over Bayern Munich, hopes of reaching the next stage are now once again, live.
The only bad thing in the last month regarding Arsenal, is the League Cup 3-0 defeat by Sheffield, but Gunners played in a very mixed lineup, usual for Wenger in this kind of competitions. That this defeat was not a sign of some mini-crisis suggests a 3-0 away win at Swansea City. The score at half-time was 0-0 but in the second half, Gunners have smashed three, securing their fifth straight Premier league win. Currently Wenger’s men are the most efficient away attack and from that perspective it would be interesting to see can they carry the same to Munich.
Already traditionally, Wenger next to the stadium has and a “hospital” so with many players sidelined, some of which are Ramsey, Wilshere, Arteta, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott.
– We want to show the same game as two weeks ago at our stadium to reach a positive result.
– We must not park the bus, because that’s not our game. The structure of the team is to attack.
– We need to reduce their pressure because they are so good that we hardly could withstand the full 90 minutes, and we will try to score.
– I do not think that we would be effective and that we could achieve anything if we just defended.
Team Probable lineups
Bayern Munich: Neuer – Lahm, Javi Martinez, J. Boateng, Alaba – Xabi Alonso – Robben, T. Müller, Thiago, Douglas Costa – Lewandowski
Out: Ribery, Badstuber, Gotze, Rode, Bernat
Arsenal: Čech – Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal – Coquelin, Cazorla – Campbell, Özil, Sanchez – Giroud
Out: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta, Ramsey, Ospina, Wilshere, Rosicky, Welbeck, Bellerin