It rarely happens that any two clubs in the space of 20 days are playing three mutual matches but exactly that is what will happen this Wednesday when Manchester United is hosting Hull City. in the EFL Cup both teams celebrated when they played at home, but the Red Devils booked the next stage with a 3-2 result in total.
February 1, 2017 • 20:00 • Old Trafford, Manchester
Manchester United – Hull City Live Streams
Tonight in Premier league competition a third game is set to play between these two sides, an important one for both of them, but with different objectives. Manchester United has a chance to draw closer to the fourth place, which brings the Champions League, while Hull City is sitting on the league bottom and every point it can be a crucial one in avoiding the Premier league drop.
– The last time we played with Hull City suited us and a defeat one goal difference, with which we have passed in the League Cup final, but in this game all we want is just three points, which are good enough for us – it was clear Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho who with Bailly’s return from Africa doesn’t have any problems with the players absences.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba and Antonio Valencia have missed Sunday’s convincing 4-0 victory against Wigan and rested will be back in the starting lineup.
– We always try to play with a full squad, and some players were playing a lot of games have had a break on Sunday and the same are now returning, said Jose Mourinho for the Man Utd official site.
Hull City have brought several new players and certainly will not be an easy team to beat – said Jose Mourinho, whose team in 11 league matches at Old Trafford has 77 attempts on the goal, which is more than in the entire last championship in 19 games at home.
The Tigres managed to stop Manchester United’s series of 17 matches without defeat, but those 2-1 last Thursday wasn’t enough for them to book a ticket for the final. On Sunday, Marco Silva’s side was knockout by Fulham in the FA Cup and now the only thing which remains for his men is to fight for their survival in the English elite competition.
Still to avoid the EPL drop, won’t be an easy task for Silva’s men, especially with the departure of Robert Snodgrass who joined West Ham United, but on the other side, Hull City cashed in for Andrea Ranocchia from Inter Milan and from before for Lazar Markovic from Sporting Lisbon. Both should be available to play against the Red Devils.
– Fulham in the FA Cup was a much fresher than us and that was the reason for our defeat.
– All that we have and can do now is to give in every match our everything until the end of the championship. We won’t go down so easily, said Hull City boss, Silva, who still has a lot of concern about absenteeism, but he lacks the most of midfielders Henriksen and Mason, defenders Davies and Elmohamady and forwards Keane and Mbokani.
– We’ve strengthened our team, we defeated Manchester United at home and I believe in another good game in which we can take some points, concluded Silva.
As for our match prediction, Hull City is in the past seven league matches against Manchester United has won only a point. The Red Devils’s home form this season is great, and Mourinho’s men in the past 13 rounds this season are without defeats. All this suggest that Man Utd boosted by players like Ibrahimovic and Pogba should win this game without major problems, and if you’re looking to take a bet on this game or other Premier league action, take a look at Enhanced odds on football, to find the one which suits you the best. Man Utd to score 2 or more.