In front of Palermo in the next five days are two exceptionally demanding matches, against Inter and Napoli, and following four straight defeats, a last round win over Bologna most likely saved the job of Iachini. But there is no time for any relaxations as Mancini’s men are aiming to take the league top considering that other top placed team play on Sunday.
October 24, 2015 • 19:45 • Stadio Renzo Barbera, Palermo
Palermo v Inter Live Streams
Against Bologna, Palermo snatched three points but the game it self was not a brilliant game. Still this season all points Palermo have won in games like that, while in the games where Palermo’s game was good, Iachini’s men remained empty-handed. Such trend Iachini definitely would like to keep and against Inter if the same would brought new points.
Over the last years Inter rarely was picking wins in Sicily, to be concrete the last one was back in 2010, still Palermo boss Iachini has a massive respect for the Nerazzurri.
– In Bologna we achieved an important victory, but now we need to give continuity to our results.
– Against Inter a tough game expects us, we will look for playing the perfect match. We can not be passive.
– If we think that we can play the match that way it will be much harder for us. We have to impose our style because we play against strong and experienced team. Inter has strong midfielders and dangerous attackers, no weak points.
It is expected that against Inter Iachini will set up his team in a 3-5-2 formation with Gilardino and Vazquez from the first minute in attack. It is questionable whether in the starting line-up at back will El Kaoutari or Andjelkovic, and whether in the midfield opportunity will get Jajalo or Hiljemark.
After opening the season with five consecutive wins Inter for three matches in a row does not know for a win. Mancini’s team recovered from the debacle against Fiorentina taking a point in very demanding games against Sampdoria and Juventus, but now everyone expects that the pretender for the title returns to wins. Inter defence looked great this season in all the matches except the one with Fiorentina, but the attack is having difficulties to score goals. Although Inter currently is second placed team in the league, just eight goals which the Nerazzurri have scored in the opening eight rounds is definitely not enough for a team that wants to lift Serie A title.
In a derby with Juventus nets rested and Icardi rarely come to a goal opportunity. The best chance in the encounter had Brozović whose shot Buffon saved with the help of the crossbar.
– We hope to win after a small pause. Fortunately, despite the poor recent results our position on the table remained good.
– Palermo is a great team that has 10 points, good position on the table. They have young players of great quality.
– There is always difficult to play, but for us it is important to win. I want to see the same approach as in the encounter with Juventus.
Guests from Milan doesn’t have injury problems, and it is questionable only whether attacker Ljajic because of minor injury will be able to play from the start. Considering that Inter is having difficulties to score Mancini could modify tactical system in Sicily and instead of the usual 4-3-1-2 formation Inter could play in the 4-2-3-1 system with Perisic, Jovetic and Biabiany behind Icardi.
Team Probable lineups
Palermo: Sorrentino, El Kaoutari, G.Gonzalez, Vitiello, Lazaar, Jajalo, Maresca, Rigoni, Rispoli, Gilardino, Vazquez
Inter: Handanović, Juan Jesus, Miranda, Murillo, Santon, Kondogbia, Medel, Perišić, Jovetić, Biabiany, Icardi